Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

This I know for sure...

I received a recall notice on my vehicle, but it stated that no fix has been identified yet so don't take your car back to your dealership right now. Once a fix is in place, a notice will be sent out and to make an appointment to have the issue taken care of at that time.

Since I had to have my car inspected before the end of this month and my car was already at the dealership, I asked if the technician could check to see if my car was one of the ones that is affected by the recall. Not only is it affected, but I was told the dealership could not release my car back to me because it's unsafe to drive. They have provided me with a vehicle for an indeterminate amount of time because they have no idea when GM will let them know when a fix for the recall will be issued.

While I'm not thrilled that I have no idea when I'll get my car back, I am thankful they gave me a vehicle to use in the meantime. One thing that really bothers me about all this is the initial notice from GM stating not to take your car to your dealership for the recall at this time. What if I hadn't asked the technician to check my car? Because of the recall issue, I could have had an accident causing serious injury to myself and/or others if I had waited like GM instructed. It makes me hesitant to get another GM vehicle once my current lease is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment