Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

This I know for sure...

As a writer I know how important reviews are to authors. The more reviews a book has, the more likely other readers will choose to read it as well. Also, Amazon will list it as an "also bought" suggestion when someone purchases a book in the same genre which may help get sales.

Despite the above, I'm always hesitant about leaving a review for a book I've read if I liked the book, but didn't think it was anything special. And I never leave a bad review even if I couldn't finish the book. I just delete it from my Goodreads account without any acknowledgement that it was even on my reading list. As an author, I feel like I shouldn't leave a review unless I can give it 4 or 5 stars.

How do you feel about leaving reviews for books or any item you've purchased? Do you only post "good" reviews or do you post negative ones as well? I'm interested to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment