Pages

Friday, May 10, 2019

This I know for sure...

My mom taught my sisters and I how to knit when we were young girls. I never really did a lot of it. Prior to knitting the little sweater piece for my niece's baby shower, I hadn't knitted anything in years. I've always preferred to crochet.
                                   (Here's a picture of the baby shower card.)

After knitting the piece for the baby shower card, I came across a knitting pattern for a blanket that's done in panels. I read the instructions and it seemed easy enough. And I figured if I ran into problems, my mom could help me. I bought the yarn and size needles I needed and started the blanket.

The cream colored panels aren't too hard. I will admit the first panel took me a little bit to get the hang of the pattern. My mom had to rip it back a few times when I goofed it up, but once I had half of the first panel done, it got easier.
                                      (Picture of one of the cream colored panels.)

Right now, I'm working on a panel that calls for different colored triangles. This panel is hard. I completely messed up the first colored triangle and ripped it all the way back to the beginning not once, but twice. So far, I've had to get help from my mom on every triangle I've finished (all 5 of them) up to this point. I hope they get easier the more of them I do.
                                       (Picture of the colored panel I'm working on.)

I will say crocheting is a whole lot easier than knitting, but I'm determined to finish the blanket...though it may take me the rest of the year to complete it at the rate I'm going.


No comments:

Post a Comment