Pages

Friday, March 22, 2019

This I know for sure...

Would it be blasphemous to say I hate March Madness? 

It may have something to do with basketball being my least favorite sport of any kind of sport. It seems like the basketball season lasts nearly year round. This may be because there are NBA games, and then college games. I don't keep track of when the two seasons start and end, only that it seems like basketball games are played/televised year round.

At this time of the year, March Madness seems to be on everyone's minds from news reports, the televised games, radio DJs talking about "the game last night" ad nauseum, and of course, co-workers and friends who want to discuss how they're doing on their bracket sheets.

I don't like the month of March in general because it usually brings the worst weather of the winter season in my area. I'm always eager for winter to end and spring to begin at this time of the year, and March Madness just adds to my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment