Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

This I know for sure...

I've just felt exhausted every day this week. I don't think I've stayed up past 9:30pm any night this week. Not that I usually stay up a lot later than that, only an hour. As I get up at 5:30am, I try really hard to make sure I turn out the light and go to sleep by 10:30pm.

I've been told by a few different people the reason I'm feeling so tired is due to the Daylight Saving Time (DST) change from this past weekend. I know studies have been done about how losing that hour really can impact a person.

I suffered from insomnia due to job related stress for about five years. If I managed to get four hours of sleep a night, it was a good night. (I have a different job now with next to no stress and thankfully, no longer suffer from insomnia.) If I could function on so little sleep on a regular basis, I find it hard to believe the loss of an hour because of DST would make me feel the way I have this week. But I've been stress and insomnia free for two years so maybe it is possible the loss of that hour is the reason for I've felt the way I have. I hope to sleep in for an extra hour this Sunday so hopefully I'll start next week feeling much more rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment