Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

This I know for sure...

I sometimes have a hard time coming up with things to write about in This I Know For Sure posts.

I don't travel unless you count visiting my nephew and his family in Ithaca, NY once a year or so. Since he only lives about two hours away, I'm not sure that's actually considered traveling.

I don't have any little ones, other than the cats, to share exploits of or about. My job certainly isn't exciting enough to share stories about. Now if I were a nurse or a firefighter like my sister and nephew...

I do like to keep up with what's happening in the area where I live and in the world, but who wants to read about the depressing state of the US on a blog when you hear about it on the news every day. I read a lot, but include what I'm reading at the time in my Wednesday posts.

I write of course. I don't talk about it much to people who aren't writers because you start talking about your characters and such and you can actually see the person's eyes glaze over in boredom.

I enjoy doing various types of crafts like crocheting, cross stitching and making cards for birthdays, holidays, and such for friends and family. Sharing craft stories can be off putting to people who don't enjoy crafting so I don't post much about it. On occasion, I will post pictures of the cards I've made.

So the gist of this post?  I must live a very boring life. 😄

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy hearing your thoughts on the craft of writing. don't self censor based on what you think people might or might not want to hear. If they are following your blog - they want to hear from YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be amazed at the number of people including friends and family who are only interested in how much money you're making, not the process and hard work it takes to write a book

      Delete
  2. You might be amazed at how many also want to know process. How do you handle it when you brain is too busy with competing ideas to focus on one for example? I think that more than anything else keeps me form even starting.

    ReplyDelete