Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

A Writer's Process

I ran across a book titled The Writing Life edited by Marie Arana while at my local library. It's a collection of essays from the Washington Post Book World. The essays are on a variety of topics such as becoming a writer, using raw material, searching for a publisher, critics, and more. Each of the essays was written by a well-known author or such notable people as former president Jimmy Carter.

I'm sharing this information because I found some of the essays fascinating from the viewpoint of a reader. It was interesting to see how authors like Joyce Carol Oates, Mary Higgins Clark, Patricia Cornwell, Ray Bradbury, Carl Sagan and more approached the writing process.

I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment