Pages

Friday, October 5, 2018

This I know for sure...

One of my sisters has been going through a rough time the last year or so. I've tried to help her in any way I could by offering support, helping with paperwork, going to appointments with her, even just listening to her voice her worries, fears, and concerns.

She finally received good news in the middle of last month and is doing much better all the way around. I'm sure the relief from the constant stress of worrying has gone a long way to help her feel like she's finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

She stopped by my house Wednesday morning to visit with our mother who lives with me. She said she made sure to come early enough to see me before I left for work. She brought me a thank you gift for everything I'd done for her. Everything I did, I did because I wanted to help and because she's my sister, not because I expected anything in return.

The gift she gave me is a very expensive set of artist grade colored pencils that I was coveting but really couldn't justify the expense for. When she gave them to me, she said she thought I could use them when I make cards for birthdays, holidays, and such without even knowing that I wanted a set. I guess your family really does know you best.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment