Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

This I know for sure...

I'm quick to decide if a book is "readable" or not. If I've gotten to page 50 or so and I'm struggling to get into the story or find myself looking for a non-fiction book or magazines to read instead of reading the fiction book I've started that's a good sign, for me, that it's not readable.

My sister is always telling me I'm too quick to give up on reading a book. That may be true, but I have so many books I want to read that I don't want to spend time on a book I'm struggling to get through when I can pick up another one. As of this writing, I have 392 books on my Goodreads Want to Read list and I have a 140 page notebook full of books I want to read that aren't on my Goodreads list.

Do you set aside a book you're struggling to read or do you power through and finish it?

No comments:

Post a Comment