Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

This I know for sure...

As I mentioned in Monday's post, I'm going to start burning a candle when I write. I didn't have any regular candles, just tapers for special dinners and a box of plain white emergency candles in case we lose electricity for any length of time. I bought a few candles from a couple of different stores with surprising results.

The 17oz jar candles I bought from a craft store were on sale 3 candles for $10.00. The 3 wick 14.5oz candle I bought from a national chain store was on sale for $10.00. The last candle I bought was a 12oz mason jar type candle from Walmart for $2.50.

In this case, I'd say the saying, "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply. The chain store candle which was the most expensive had the most amazing scent when you smelled the candle. (The scent is glazed donut.) When lit and burning, it doesn't have any odor at all.

The 3 craft store candles all have good scents when you smell them. (The scents are berry clementine, blueberry muffin, and roasted chestnuts. I'm guessing this last one was a leftover from Christmas.) The roasted chestnut one has a barely discernible odor when it's burning. The berry clementine scent is a little stronger, and the blueberry muffin has the strongest odor of the three when burning, but you really can't smell the last two if you leave the room they're in.

The Walmart candle was the cheapest and has the lightest scent of all of the candles when you smell it. (The scent is citrus burst.) This candle has the strongest odor when it's burning. It has a really nice orange type scent and you can smell it throughout the first floor.

I think I'll be checking out more of the Walmart candles this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment