Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My Current WIP (Work in Progress): No writing last week as we had visitors from out of town all last week through Monday of this week.

Quote of the Week: "With self-discipline most anything is possible." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

What I'm Reading: I just started reading A Most Extraordinary Pursuit by Juliana Gray. It's a historical mystery or at least seems to be that at this point. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's very slow going and seems extra wordy. I'm going to stick with it at least for a bit longer in hopes the pacing will pick up.

Random Thoughts:  Keeping along the same lines as what I wrote above in the "What I'm Reading" segment, do you continue to read a book that doesn't hold your interest, where you don't like one or more of the main characters, etc, struggling along to finish it or do you set it aside to read something else? I used to push through and finish every book I started even if it was torture. Now I give a book between 50 or 75 pages and if I don't like it any better by that point, I either take it back to the library (if I borrowed it from them) or donate it to the library unfinished. I have too many books on my "Want to Read" list to read books I don't like.

Random Photo of the Week:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment