Pages

Monday, July 29, 2019

Books on Writing

I don't usually read books on the craft of writing. Most of them offer techniques I already utilize or ones that don't work for me or that I don't agree with.

That being said, a friend and fellow author offered to loan me her copy of Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Dave King and Rennie Brown. She insists it's one of the best books she's read on writing or editing/revising. Her copy is from the original printing in 1994. She swears the information is still relevant despite the age of the book. (There are updated versions as well.)

Revisions and/or editing is my least favorite part of the writing process. Because of that I'm going to take her up on her offer and borrow the book from her in a few weeks after I finish reading the books I borrowed from the library. Hopefully, it will help make the revision process easier, or at least more enjoyable, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment