Pages

Friday, July 12, 2019

This I know for sure...

The squirrels are hazardous to the life of my plants. I tried container gardening for a few years, but gave it up after losing every tomato, green pepper, and cucumber that grew to the squirrels. I tried every way I could think of and some suggestions on the internet to try and keep them away from the plants with little success.

I have a flowering plant in a hanging pot on my porch and even though I moved it so the squirrels can't reach it (or so I thought), I went to water it and found a half eaten apple hidden under some uprooted plants in the pot.

They don't usually bother my flower gardens, but this year they are burying things in the garden and uprooting some of the plants in the process. Yesterday I saw one squirrel running across the yard with a lily blossom in its mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment