Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

This I know for sure...

As a person who hates the winter season, I can't believe I'm eagerly waiting for fall to begin. This summer has been unbearably hot and humid. We've had a record number of days in the 90's and August, usually the hottest month in my area, has just started. We've also had an unusually high number of days with oppressive humidity bring the temperature over 100 degrees.

Another reason I'm looking forward to the cooler weather is that I have a number of new bread recipes I'd like to try. I love baking bread, but not when the temperature is 80 degrees or higher. I have to admit I'm also looking forward to having some of our favorite comfort meals that we usually only have during the colder months, probably because they require using the oven. We try not to use the oven at all during the summer months because it heats up the house even more than it already is from the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment