Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

How Many Books?

Like most writers, I'm an avid reader. I usually read a book a week. Sometimes I read more than one a week depending on how engrossing the book is. And sometimes it takes me longer than a week to read a book for the same reason.

I added a few books to my "Want to Read" list a couple of days ago and realized I have 528 books on the list. Five hundred and twenty-eight. I didn't realize I had that many books on my list. I don't think it's an accurate count because I'm pretty sure I have some duplicates on it. At least I hope I do. None of books on the list are writing craft related. There are a few biographies, but the vast majority are mass market fiction.

I am slowly transferring the books on my list to an Excel spreadsheet so I can sort them by genre, author, Ebook only, and the like. As I'm typing them in, I'm also deciding whether I really want to read each book and eliminating those that I probably won't. I'm hoping that when I'm finally done getting them listed in the spreadsheet, I'll have at least 100 less books on the list. But my the time I'm done, I'll probably have 100 more since I seem to add a few books to my original list every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment