Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): Last week I started a 100 day challenge where I have to write at least 125 words per day for 100 consecutive days. So far so good. Most days I've written well over the required minimum and I'm finding the words are flowing on the page easier.

News from the publishing world: As you may be aware the publisher Hachette and Amazon have been at odds over pricing and Amazon is trying to limit sales of Hachette titles. Realizing Amazon could try to do this with other companies, there's a movement to buy from outlets other than Amazon. Here's an article about it - http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jun/06/indie-booksellers-hachette-battle-amazon

Quote of the week: "Change your thoughts and you change your world." ~ Norman Vincent Peale. I have this quote where I can see it quite often throughout the day. It reminds me what I'm thinking impacts how I feel.

Health news: According to a recent study in the Journal of Nutrition, woman who are even slightly dehydrated may find it harder to concentrate than those who aren't. Since dehydration seems to happen more in the summer months, I found this worth sharing. (Some signs of dehydration include headaches, dizziness, and muscle cramps.) If you hate the taste of plain water, add a slice of lemon, lime, cucumber, or even a raspberry or two to your glass.

Random things: I took my cat to the vet for his annual check up earlier this week. The vet would like him to lose a couple of pounds. (Really, he wants the cat to lose 2 pounds. 2 pounds, not any more than that. Strange, I know.) He suggested I give the cat chopped up zucchini as a treat instead of commercial cat treats. I'm going to try it, but I have the feeling I'm going to get the same response I get from every other male in my life when I try to feed them vegetables - "You want me to eat what?"

Random photo of the week:


Even though I'm well past the age of childhood, I love the minions from the Despicable Me movies. They make me laugh even on those days where nothing seems to have gone right.  I found these band-aids while I was out shopping last weekend. I had to buy them. Now I just need a reason to wear one. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment