Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

This I know for sure...

I am afraid of spiders. I always have been, always will be. I know I'm so many times bigger than they are, but it doesn't matter. It's an irrational fear, I know that, but it doesn't change anything.

If I'm home alone, I will leave the room a spider is in, close the door, and wait for someone to come home to kill it. Once when I was a teenager, I thought a spider fell down my shirt at the same time my friend's mom was parking the car. I don't even think the car was completely stopped before I was out of the car, tearing my shirt off, and flapping it around while standing in the parking lot of the local movie theater.

Now that spring is here and the weather is getting warmer, the spiders at work are everywhere. We're surrounded by a huge field which is nice for seeing fox, deer, and turkeys, but our building seems to draw the spiders inside. Every morning when I enter my office, I turn on the lights and check for spiders in the corners and such. I hate to go into our supply closet and avoid it whenever possible because I think that's where all the spiders live.

Just once when I have to go in there, I wish I'd find one of these instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment