Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress):  I wrote about 18 to 20 pages last week so I have almost the first third of the book written. I set a goal of 100 pages of new material by June 30th so I'm a little behind where I wanted to be by the end of the first week, but I don't think I'll have a problem picking up some of the extra pages this week.

News from the publishing world: Here's a great article written in defense of reading romance that was posted on the Kirkus Reviews website. https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/defense-romance-vol-2/

Quote of the week: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Health news: According to an article in the Journal of Neuroscience, eating walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, pine nuts, and sunflower seeds can help protect against getting Alzheimer's Disease. These items contain phytosterols which is a compound that is thought to block the production of beta-amyloid proteins which play a role in the development of Alzheimer's.

Random things:  I had this past Monday off and went to breakfast with my mom and one of my sisters then we went to see the movie Maleficent with Angelina Jolie. While I'm not a big fan of hers, I did enjoy the movie and it was nice to take the day off from the day job and spend it with my mom and sister.

Random photo of the week:

This is a bunny we saw in the neighbor's yard. I live on the outskirts of a big metropolitan city so to see the rabbit was a surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment