Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Welcome to my first What's Up Wednesday post. Since this is the first one, I imagine these Wednesday posts will evolve over time. I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have.

My current WIP (work in progress): I'm about 75 pages into the second book of a series I'm writing. It's a contemporary with a touch of the paranormal.

News from the publishing world:  Publishers Weekly has unveiled a beta version of Booklife, a site focusing on self-publishing. Link: http://booklife.com/  While I haven't chosen the self-publishing route, I found this interesting.

Quote of the week:  "Failure? I never encountered it. All I ever met were temporary setbacks." ~ Dottie Walters

Health news: A new study published in the journal Nutrition states subjects who ate about an ounce and a half of chocolate per day had the lowest BMI, lower body fat, and a trimmer waist on average, than people who ate less. I don't eat a lot of chocolate, but it's good to know that when the mood strikes, I can indulge and know it's a good thing.

Random things: The strangest thing I found in my purse last week - a piece of chewed gum wrapped in a piece of paper. The boy child and I were out and about when he decided he was done with his gum. There were no trash cans so I gave him the paper to wrap it in, then stuck it into a small pocket inside my purse and forgot about it.

Random photo of the week:

This is a picture of my cat's paw next to a quarter from this past winter. He has 6 toes on each paw. As you can tell his feet are huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment