Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

100 Days

A little over a week ago, I met a friend for a quick coffee on Saturday afternoon. As we caught up on what was going on in each other's lives, she happened to mention starting a new 100 day challenge the next day. In case you're like me and don't know what that is, it's where you challenge yourself to do something you want to make a habit for 100 consecutive days, or at least attempt to. When you miss a day, you have to start over from day 1. She said there's even an official website for it along with a bunch of other ones.

My friend's challenge is exercising for 30 minutes every day. When I asked her how well she did. She admitted this was her third attempt. The first time, she only made it 40 days, the second time 67 days. She said she's never felt like she failed because she's working out more than she was before and as long as she keeps getting closer to the 100 day mark, she's counting it was an accomplishment. She's also not giving up until she hits 100 days no matter how many times she has to start over.

I came home inspired. Wanting to increase my productivity on my current manuscript which is taking me much longer to write than it should, I started my own 100 day challenge last Monday. I have to write at least 125 words (about half a page) every day. So far, so good. I've written every day and over the required word count with the exception of yesterday. Yesterday I fought for nearly every one of those 125 words but when I finished, I was glad I stuck it out and didn't just put it aside thinking I'd write more the next day to make up for it (which isn't always the case).

No comments:

Post a Comment