Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

A Different Kind of Waffle

I'm still not quite up to writing posts yet so I thought I'd share a recipe my sister gave me. She brought these waffles over for dinner one day last week since I'm not quite up to cooking yet. She said she got the recipe from a co-worker who found it on the website Damndelicious.net  (All the advertisements that load are beyond annoying, but worth the aggravation to get to the recipes that are shared on the site.)

Ham and Cheese Hashbrown Waffles

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (20 ounce) package hash brown potatoes
8 ounces diced ham
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat liberally with non-stick spray. Combine hash brown potatoes, ham, cheese, eggs, garlic, parsley, thyme, and paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the mixture onto the waffle iron, close the cover gently and cook until golden brown and crisp - about 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.

(My sister served these with cheesy scrambled eggs on top. They were delicious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment