Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

One Thing We Never Have Enough Of

I think everyone will agree the one thing we never have enough of is Time. Time to do the things that need to be done, time to do the things we want to do, time to spend with loved ones, friends, and family. I could go on and on.

Having enough time to get everything done is something that can be elusive. At least for me. I'm forever trying to "find" time to get things done. I live by a daily To Do list. I do accomplish the things on each day's list the majority of the time, but not always. Someone said to me that you can't find time to get things done, you have to make the time to get things done. I know what they were trying to convey, but I wanted to respond you can't make time either. Time is what it is, you can't make more of it. We all only get 24 hours in a day. If anyone knows how to get more than that in a day, I'd love to hear how to do it.

It's how we use the time we have that's important. Along with the things I'm trying out to help me get more writing accomplished (see Last Monday's Post), I've started keeping track of the time I use doing things that aren't on my daily To Do list. I'm looking for time wasters, though I hate to use that description. For example every Saturday afternoon I play a game on my Kindle Fire for an hour. Is it necessary that I do that? Of course not. Can I use that time doing something more productive? Definitely. You might be thinking that it's only an hour one day a week, which is true but I'm thinking how can I better use that time. I didn't play this past Saturday and used the hour to work on making some thank you and birthday cards so they would be ready when I need them instead of having to rush to get them done at the last minute. I don't want to give up the game forever, just for right now.

I don't plan on giving up all of my leisure activities. We all need some down time to decompress and recharge. I am still going to knit for an hour every evening, at least until I finish the blanket I'm making. I'm also going to continue reading for an hour every night before going to sleep. But I'm going to work hard at getting more done and wasting time less.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment