Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

This I know for sure...

I like the sights and smells of fall season - the bright oranges and reds of the leaves, the smell of apple cider simmering on the stove, the crisp crunch of an apple. The one thing I'm starting to dread about autumn is the overabundance of pumpkin flavored everything.

Don't get me wrong, I like pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or muffins and I even buy a jar of pumpkin butter every year but it seems like no matter what the food item is manufacturers are making a pumpkin flavor version of it.

I don't personally like pumpkin flavored coffee, tea, or creamer, but I do have family members who drink the coffee and use the creamer. I don't mind those items so much as other things being made with pumpkin flavoring. There's pumpkin yogurt, which my mom tried and said wasn't bad, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin flavored cereal (such as Cheerios or Special K, or Frosted Mini Wheats) and more.

Do we really need all these pumpkin flavored items to celebrate fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment