Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

This I know for sure...

I am a Netflix member so usually watch a movie every weekend. While we've watched some good movies lately, I haven't seen one that has really touched me in a while. For some reason I love movies that make me cry. I don't know why those types of movies are my favorite. I'm told I'm too empathetic so maybe that's the reason.

The movies don't have to have a romantic theme, they just have to have characters I can identify with in some way. Two of movies I absolutely love have no romance in them per se. One is The Secret Life of Bees with Dakota Fanning. The other movie is I am Sam which also coincidentally stars Dakota Fanning. Sean Penn is amazing in this movie.

I have one friend who won't watch or go see any movie that looks like it may make her cry. (I tell her she's missing out on some really great movies.) She says life is hard enough without watching movies about other people's problems that make her sad.

What is your favorite type of movie? Those that touch you emotionally, comedies with outlandish plots, horror/slasher type movies, or action/adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment