Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Writing Hiatus

I hate to do it, but I'm putting my writing on hold until the first week of January. I have so many things going on that it's getting to be next to impossible to get any writing done and then I feel terrible because I didn't get anything writing related accomplished for the week.

If I'm honest with myself, writing isn't a priority right now. Wow, it bothered me to even write that. I want to write, love to write, but just can't find the time lately. There's a saying that goes something like, "If it's important, you'll find the time and if it's not, you'll find an excuse." Lately it seems I've been doing a lot of excuse finding, even if they are legitimate ones.

I was hoping that once I finished my licensing class for the day job that I'd be able to get back to writing on a regular schedule. It's been about a week and a half since I passed the state exam and I still haven't found time to write. And now that the holiday season is bearing down on us, things are only going to get busier.

I've decided my priorities right now are to get my holiday cards made and sent out before the week of Christmas (it may take me that long to get them all made) and to help my mom with Thanksgiving preparations and help with her holiday baking, shopping, and wrapping as well as take care of my own.

This week is already shaping up to be a busy one even with writing time taken out of the equation. I have two birthday cards to make for birthdays next week, two doctor appointments, one of which will be at least two hours, not including commute time getting to and from the appointment, and a promise to make banana bread with my niece one day this week. All of these things need to be accomplished after the day job.

By the end of the year, I also would like to take a 30 day writing class and sit down and write out goals for 2018 using the SMART method so I might have a better chance of accomplishing them.

So for now, no writing other than jotting down any ideas, dialogue, and such that might pop in my head at random times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment