Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

Time for Reading

With all of the things we need to do every day from working outside the home, taking care of our families which may include elderly family members, making dinner along with other household chores, it's hard to find time to relax. And if we do take some time to do just that, we end up feeling guilty.

Or you may be like me and try to multi-task by doing something "constructive" and relaxing at the same time. I like to watch The Big Bang Theory and Grey's Anatomy so I usually watch them while folding laundry or something similar. That way I don't feel like I'm wasting time watching television when there are things that need to be done.

I do try to read every night for about an hour before going to bed as a relaxation method. I find it works as a great way to wind down from my day so I fall asleep easier and hopefully will sleep through the night. I have suffered from bouts of insomnia for years.

I mentioned to a friend not long ago that I felt guilty about taking the time to read when I could use that hour to do something on my ever growing To Do list. A couple of days ago she sent me the following link for an article in Family Circle magazine about how reading for pleasure (and relaxation) is important for your emotional health. Link: How To Make Time For Reading

After reading the article, I don't feel quite so guilty about taking time to read on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment