Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Happy Monday?

Very few people I know like Mondays and we all dislike them for pretty much the same reason - the beginning of a new work week. Not that we all hate our jobs. (I actually like mine.) I think it's because we lose the sense of freedom that we have on the weekends or days off to do what we want or need to do when we want to do it instead of having to cram what needs to be done in at the end of the day after we get home from work when all we really want to do is sit and relax and destress from the day.

My favorite way to relax is on the sofa with a good book and a few cookies (okay it's closer to 4 or 5 cookies depending on the size) and sometimes a cup of tea. This in mind and knowing I had a mostly free weekend without a lot of things on my "To Do" list, I decided to make cookies. I wanted something a little different than the usual chocolate chip cookies so I pulled out a recipe I'd made in the past for orange chocolate chip cookies from the Two Peas & Their Pod blog.

The cookies turned out just as good as I remembered. I haven't made them since last fall. If you like chocolate with a hint of orange, these cookies are for you. They taste amazing and are very easy to make. Here's the link - Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and that they make any crappy day you may have better.

No comments:

Post a Comment