Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Perseverance - My word for 2017

I'm good at setting goals. I set yearly, quarterly, and sometimes even monthly goals. Yet most of the time, I don't meet the goals I set.

Could it be cause I'm the only one holding me accountable and if I don't meet the stated goal, there are no repercussions? Life just goes on as it did before the goal deadline date came and went. As much as I hate to admit it, that makes me seem either lazy or not very determined to be published on a regular basis. And I do want that, especially as my mom grows older. I want to have the freedom to spend as much time with her as I can and not be tied to a desk at a day job when she may need me.

This year I am going to be single-minded, or should I say tenacious, about meeting my 2017 goals. I have started setting weekly goals. Each Saturday before going to bed, I sit down with my planner and monthly goal sheet and see how well I did on meeting that week's goal. I then set a goal for the next week. I feel doing this will keep me on track and help me persevere as the days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months so that when December 31, 2017 comes, I'll be able to look back at the list of goals I set in January and know that I've worked hard and met every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment