Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

A Healthy Dessert

Like everyone else at the beginning of a new year, I'm trying to eat healthier. I don't normally eat dessert or a snack after dinner except on Thursday nights. Thursday is my guilty pleasure TV watching night. I love to watch Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. Part of that guilty pleasure is having a bowl of ice cream while I'm watching Grey's. Since I'm trying to watch what I eat, ice cream is out. A friend who doesn't like ice cream shared her recipe for frozen yogurt. It's easy to make and quite good so I thought I'd share it here.

Mango Frozen Yogurt

1 pound ripe mango, chopped
1 1/4 cups low-fat peach yogurt
2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
2 to 4 tablespoons sugar

Put the chopped mango in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add the two types of yogurt. Mix until well combined. Add enough sugar to sweeten. Taste after each addition so it doesn't end up too sweet.

Pour into a shallow plastic container. Place an empty bowl into the freezer for use later in the recipe. Cover and freeze for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until mixture has a mushy consistency. Transfer the mixture to the chilled bowl you put in the freezer earlier and beat the mixture until smooth. Return the mixture to the plastic container, cover, and freeze until the mixture is firm.

Serve in small ice cream bowls.  (You can move the container to the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving to make it easier to serve.)

No comments:

Post a Comment