Pages

Friday, May 25, 2018

This I know for sure...

It's strange how we can get attached to inanimate objects. I bought my current vehicle brand new in 2004. Fourteen years later my car is showing its age. It needs a nearly $1,400 repair and there's no guarantee the repair will solve the problem and no guarantee it will pass the required state inspection in September. Rather than have the repairs done that may or may not solve the problem. I decided it was time to trade it in and get a new vehicle.

There are a lot of memories tied to the old car. There's the trip I took with my mom, niece, and nephew to Universal Studios in 2006. I taught my nephew how to drive in that car. There's the time my at the time 3 year old niece warned me she was going to throw up in the car. I pulled off to the side of the road, whipped open the back door just in time to catch the vomit in my cupped hands because I didn't want it to get on the seats. Before you get too grossed out, the vomit consisted of just mucus. She had a really bad cold at the time. Thankfully her 5 year old sister was with us so after I wiped my hands off on the grass on the side of the road, I had her pour bottled water over my hands to try and wash them. There's the time my mom and I drove to North Carolina to visit my aunt and uncle and I drove over one of the small solar lamps lining their driveway. Boy, was that embarrassing since we'd just had a conversation about the stereotype of women being bad drivers. I could go on and on about all the great memories I have associated with the car.

While I'm looking forward to having a car with all the new technology my old car doesn't have, I'm also sad that I'll be getting rid of the car I've had for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment