Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Here a link, there a link...

I subscribe to various blogs, newsletters, and the like. While I try to read everything that comes into my inbox by the end of the week that I get it, I sometimes don't get to them all. At the same time, I hate it when my email gets out of control with things that aren't read piling up.

When my emails start stacking up, I sometimes open the email, click the link that will take me to the blog post to read it there since sometimes the entire post isn't included in the email. I then save the link as a bookmark to read the post later when I have time. Or sometimes, I'll read the blog and it will include links that lead me to other articles so I'll bookmark those to read later. Great idea, right?

Not so much. The problem with saving the link to read later is that my bookmarks/favorites have piled up so much that I probably now have about 100 or so bookmarks/favorites to weed through. Some are from early last year that I still haven't found time to read, yet I don't want to do a mass delete.

I've started the slow process of going through each link/bookmark. I managed to delete 15 bookmarks/links where I read the article. A few I read and saved into a specialized folder because I thought I might want to refer to the material in the future. And a few were so old, the link no longer worked.

Any suggestions on how I can better handle those emails that have links to articles I'd like to read?


No comments:

Post a Comment