Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

This I know for sure...

This post isn't going to be about setting goals for 2018 or making New Year's resolutions, though I do have goals for the year that I'm going to work very hard at achieving. Instead I want to talk about choosing a word for the year.

While I don't think a single word should define how your year should or could be, I do like having a word to help motivate me to stay on track or get back on track when life inevitably pulls you in too many directions.

I took a lot of time to settle on my word. First, I considered "Promise", but decided the beginning of every year is full of promise. I then considered "Intention", but you know how that old say goes about the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

After considering a few other words, I chose "Determined."  It defines how I feel I am about meeting my goals this year and other things I want to accomplish before 2018 comes to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment