Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

Staying on Track

I set goals last year that I didn't come close to meeting. Not one. It's utterly depressing to state that here much less admit it to myself. I could use the excuse that life got in the way a good part of the time or that I worked in such a toxic environment the first half of 2017 that it was a wonder I was able to accomplish anything given that I was constantly consumed with how to cope with the worst of the toxic offenders whom I had to work closely with on a daily basis.

But then in the first part of June I took a position with a different company that is amazing to work for. There is no real stress to speak of and I now work with wonderfully supportive people. So that being said, one would think I should have made great strides the second half of 2017 in achieving my goals. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

This year I made similar goals to those from 2017. To help keep myself accountable, I made a motivation notebook with sections for each type of goal. For example there is a section for writing goals, a section for healthier living goals, and a section for goals to help me overcome my bad habit of procrastinating or avoidance. I have tracking sheets in each section for each goal set up in a bullet journal style, two pages in each section with pictures and quotes to help keep me inspired and motivated, there are sheets in each section where I can do a brain dump related to that particular goal. I have a few more things in each section, but you get the general idea.

I'm really hoping that my notebook with its tracking sheets etc and my SMART goals written out in quarterly, monthly, and weekly breakdowns will keep me on target or help me get back on track when I inevitably lose my way.

I'll post on Fridays now and then and let you know how it's working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment