Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

This I know for sure...

I'm eagerly waiting for Autumn and cooler weather. Not that I'm any real fan of fall only because it means winter is soon to follow and will last 6 months. It hasn't been really unbearably hot this summer. We've only had two 90 degree or higher days this summer. Last summer we had twenty-seven days of 90 degree or higher weather. It has been more humid than usual though even when the temperatures have been in the 70's. We don't usually have humidity unless it's in the mid-80's or higher.

The reason I'm looking forward to the cooler weather is that I have a bunch of new bread and cookie recipes I want to try. I refuse to put the oven on when the heat or humidity is already making the day unbearable. In my eagerness, I've already gone through the recipes and put them in the order that I want to make them.

So while I love the summer and hate to see it end, I'm looking for those 60 degree or lower days so I can indulge in my love of homemade bread and cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment