Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Half Year Review

It's hard to believe the first half of 2017 has come and gone already. My mom has always said that the older you get, the faster the years seem to go by. I'm starting to agree. I remember when I was in school, even while in college, the summer break was long and leisurely. Now it seems like summer barely gets here and the next thing you know, it's September already.

I spent some time this past weekend looking over the goals that I set back in January. I knew before I started that I was off track to where I thought/hoped I'd be at this time in the year. I'm about three months behind in where I planned on being. While it's a little disappointing, I'm doing much better than I did last year.

I revised a couple of goals going into the end of 2017. The first and most important one is to get the revisions for Spellbound completed, the synopsis written, and the query letter sent out to the first round of agents/editors by the second week of September.

The second goal is health related and goes into the end of the year. It is to get more regular exercise and to eat more along the lines of a Mediterranean diet. I exercise now, but it's kind of hit or miss - one or two days one week, three or four days the next, then back to one or two days the following week. I need to get more consistent with it.

How are you doing with your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment