Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

This I know for sure...

We had a windstorm with 81mph hour winds on March 8th that resulted in both my home and place of work losing electricity and heat for 4 days at home and for 5 days at work. Then the very next week, we were hit with winter storm Stella who dumped about 27 inches of snow with drifts up to 5 feet deep.

While we were without heat and electricity, I didn't do any writing. It's hard to write when you're freezing or trying to see by candle light. Once my brother got his power back, we packed up the cats and went to stay with him until we got ours back. I learned it's very hard to write when you're at someone else's home. It also didn't occur to me to pack the laptop to take to his house. I was too worried about forgetting something we needed for ourselves or the cats. My brother doesn't have any pets so I had to pack up a litter box to take as well. The Monday we had power at home, but not at the day job, I spent the day going through the 700 emails that had built up while I was without internet access.

I did have a snow day last Wednesday when Stella was doing her worst. I spent that day shoveling out my car, front porch, sidewalk, and driveway. Our plow person only plows from behind your car to the end of the driveway, so I had to shovel enough to be able to get into the car and in front of it to be able to move it when he did show up. I also helped my sister shovel out her car.

Since all of that happened, I've had zero motivation to do any writing. I've also been working extra hours at the day job trying to get everything that piled up while the office was without power and our snow day taken care of. When I get home, instead of putting in my writing time, I've been watching taped TV programs or reading or visiting with my mom.

I need to find a way to get back in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment