Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

It's Always Time For A Cookie

I went to a friend's home this past weekend. While I was there she served amazing chocolate mint filled cookies. I of course begged for the recipe. She jotted it down for me and I thought I'd share it with you. (I did get permission from her to post the recipe.)

Chocolate Mint Filled Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
*49 chocolate sandwich mints (She used Andes Candies.)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until a soft dough forms.

Divide dough in half. On a well floured surface, roll half of dough into a 13-by-9-inch rectangle. Arrange the mints evenly on dough, forming seven rows with seven mints across. Roll the remaining dough set aside earlier between two sheets of wax paper into a 13-by-9-inch rectangle. Discard the top sheet of wax paper. Carefully turn the dough over and place the rectangle over the bottom layer of dough with the mints on it lining up the edges as best as possible. Remove remaining sheet of wax paper.

Using a sharp knife (my friend prefers to use a serrated bread knife), cut the sandwiched dough evenly between the mints. Gently press all of the edges of each square/rectangle to seal. Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool cookies completely before placing in a storage container.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

*I think the Andes Candies Cherry Jubilee or Toffee Crunch thins would work really well in this recipe too. I'll have to try the variations and let you know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment