Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

This I know for sure...

Have you ever heard the adage that goes something like, if it's important, you'll find the time to do it? I hate that saying.

While I will admit I can be a procrastinator at times, most of the time I have a list of To Do's each day that get done each day. These are things I do after I get home from the day job or sometimes before I leave in the morning, not things that I have to get done while I'm there.

Despite working from a To Do list each day (I write the next day's list the night before), I have a hard time fitting in other things I'd like to do. These things are important to me, but having the time to do them is another thing.

Coming home from work and making dinner/cleaning up from dinner, doing laundry or other household chores, writing for at least an hour and a half, but no more than an hour and forty-five minutes, getting things ready for the next day such as setting up the coffee maker, packing lunches, laying out clothes, etc and still managing to get to bed in time to try and get seven hours of sleep doesn't leave a lot of time for extra things no matter how important they may be.

I would love an extra two hours in my day, but other than winning the lottery so I could work full-time as a writer and not need to work outside the home, finding extra time is extremely hard. (Please don't suggest getting up earlier. I already get up at 5:00am and some days that's difficult enough.) So while things may be important, sometimes finding the time to do them is easier said than done.


No comments:

Post a Comment