Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

This I know for sure...

I have an addiction to journals. I have at least ten journals (actually this number is probably a lot higher) that I haven't used yet every time I'm in Barnes and Noble or any other retail store that sells journals of any type, I have to look at them, and usually buy one...or two.

I love the thought of writing in them, yet at the same time I don't want to write in them because I want to keep them. One of the things I'm working on doing this year is using at least one journal and curtailing my purchases of additional journals.

I've started using one as an idea journal. I jot down ideas for future books, scenes that pop into my head, research material I stumble on that I think may be useful in the future, motivational quotes, bits of dialogue that pop into my head even if it's not related to the current book I'm working on, and the like. I like having a central location for these types of things instead of various bits and pieces of paper shoved into a folder.

And I haven't purchased a new journal yet this year...but it is only the beginning of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment