Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

This I know for sure...

I love finding a great new series of books to read. I really like finding it when the series has been out for a bit so there a lot of books that I can read before I catch up to the most current release. What I don't like about it is when I'm caught up and have to wait six months or a year for the next book to come out like everyone who has read the series from the beginning.

I'm in that situation now. I stumbled across the Fatal Series by Marie Force this past summer, read the seven books that had been published in quick succession and have been impatiently waiting for the eighth book to come out. The good news is I read on a website that it's supposed to be released some time this month.

Are you reading a series where you're impatiently waiting for the next book to be published?

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I'm tired of reading series. I belong to a couple of "kindle free" lists/sites, and as soon as I see a book is part of a series, I ignore it. As a writer, I totally get why authors do it, but as a reader I want to expand my universe. I'm tired of trying to finish a series or wait for the next book when there is sooo much more out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a reader I hate waiting for the next book in a series to be published and as a writer I understand it's usually out of the author's control when the next book is issued. I have cut down on the number of series I read because, as you said, there are so many books out there to read. My "to be read" list seems to grow daily.

      Delete