Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

This I know for sure...

Powerball fever is sweeping my area. The last I heard the jackpot was over $600 million dollars.

Am I going to buy a ticket? Yes, at least one, maybe two but no more than that. We talked about it at work yesterday, saying what we would do if we won. Some of us would travel the world, some of us would start our own businesses, all of us said we would help out family members. One of us said she'd start her own church ministry.

It's fun to dream about what we'd do if money was no longer an option or a daily worry. I'm even willing to share the jackpot with other winners. I don't need that much money, but it's sure nice to think about what I'd do if I had it. :o)

2 comments:

  1. In Ontario, we have a weekly lottery called Max (or maybe it's Maxx)...anyway, after it gets to $50M, they start adding extra $1M draws. That sounds so much more practical. They could make 60 families happy at $10M each. I mean truly, aside from maybe buying a Caribbean island, what does one do with $600M?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Who could spend that kind of money in a lifetime? No one won the drawing so the next drawing is on Wednesday night. It's already over 1.3 billion dollars and growing.

      I like the idea of doing extra $1M draws.

      Delete