Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

This I know for sure...

Time is a fluid thing, constantly changing.  Okay, we all know this. But have you ever noticed when you're stuck someplace boring or waiting in the doctor's/dentist's office that time seems to crawl along at a snail's pace but when you're doing something fun or away on vacation, time races by and all that fun comes to an end much too soon?

I've never been very patient at waiting. I dislike waiting whether it's waiting a long time in line at a store, waiting in the doctor/dentist's office well past the appointment time, or waiting for something to happen. I've been waiting to hear about the outcome of an event almost 4 weeks ago. I was told it would take approximately 3 to 4 weeks before I received the results, but to wait to call until it's been at least 4 weeks. The waiting is killing me. I just want to know the outcome now not in a few more days.

How about you? Are you impatient when it comes to waiting?

***Update - I finally broke down and called a couple of days ago even though the 4 weeks wouldn't be technically up until today.  You know that old adage - "Good things come to those who wait"? Well, it certainly wasn't true in my case. I got the exact opposite answer/outcome than I was hoping/praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment