Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I didn't have very good luck this past week with my reading choices. I started and didn't finish 3 separate books and ended up running out of time to finish another book before this post was due to be written. To make up for it, I'm sharing my sister's recipe for the best coconut bars you'll ever taste.

Magic Coconut Bars

1 1/3 cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I like to use milk chocolate ones, but she uses semi-sweet.)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans (You can really use any type of nut you'd like.)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
1 - 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the crushed graham crackers and the melted butter together and press on to the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer with the remaining ingredients in the order they're listed above. Make sure you pour the condensed milk over everything last. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until browned on top.

Makes 24 good sized bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment