Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

This I know for sure...

I've been an adult for some time now yet, I find myself still very attached to my mother. It could be because she's been my only parent since I lost my father when I was nine years old. It could be because she made so many sacrifices, went without so many things to ensure her children had what they needed even if she didn't. It could be that she made Christmas something to look forward to even when you knew there wasn't going to be more than 1 or 2 presents for you under the Christmas tree. And one of those presents was clothing related because you needed new shoes, or a new coat, or even new underwear.

I love the fact that my mom and I are close and enjoy each other's company. I have some friends who have nothing good to say about their mothers or look at them as just one more annoyance they have to deal with. Admittedly, I didn't have those mothers and I don't know how they brought up their children, whether they were a good parent or not, but it makes me sad when I hear friends say terrible things about their mother.

As Mother's Day approaches, it makes me realize once again how blessed I am to have the mother I do. Every year I try to do something special for Mother's Day and this year will be no different. While I try to let her know how much she means to me on a regular basis, Mother's Day gives me a chance to go that extra mile to show her how much I appreciate everything she's ever done for me.

I hope you and your loved ones have a happy Mother's Day this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment