Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

This I know for sure...

Spring has been a bit late coming to my corner of the US. Most of March was spent under a mountain of snow and ice. April brought weather warm enough to melt the snow, but it also brought a lot of rain. We'd have one really nice sunny 65 or 70 degree day followed by a week and a half or more of cold, rainy weather with temperatures in the mid 50's. Then May arrived.

May has been wonderful. Warm, sunny days that allowed flowers to bloom and trees to leaf, although the tree in our front yard has yet to do more than develop buds. We've had several consecutive days with temperatures in the 80's with only the occasional pop up thunderstorm.

Now that the weather has changed for the better, my sister and I have started walking every night when she gets home from work. (I get home a couple of hours before she does.) We just walk a mile and a half route in our neighborhood. It gives us a chance to chat about our day and get some exercise at the same time. We've only been doing this for about 2 weeks, but I've noticed my mood is much different than it was. I don't think it's related to the exercise because I walked all winter on the treadmill in the basement. I almost feel a lightness of spirit. I find myself wondering if my good mood is from being out in the sun, enjoying the beautiful weather. Whatever the reason, I hope it continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment