Pages

Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related: Another good writing week last week. I also fit in a writing related class that I hope will help with future releases.

Motivational Quote:  "Where you are today is a result of your thought of yesterday." ~ Halima Musa

What I'm Reading: I picked up two books from the library on Friday. One is Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score. I've never read anything by Ms. Score but I've heard great things about the book. I have to admit I'm a little wary of starting it. The book has 552 pages. I didn't realize it was that long. My concern is I don't have a lot of free time to read and am worried I might not be able to finish it before it's due to be returned to the library. The second book is Atomic Habits by James Clear. I'm trying to build better habits this year and hope this book might help me achieve that.

Random Thoughts:  I eat a snack after dinner two or three times a week. I have the snack even if I'm not hungry. It's become a habit that I don't need to be doing. One of the ways I'm trying to break the habit is by crocheting in the evenings while I'm spending time with my mom or watching TV. If my hands are busy, I'm hoping it'll keep me from needing the snack. I also won't want to eat anything while working on a project so nothing happens to it. Hopefully, I'll break the habit and end up with a new throw blanket for the sofa in the process.  

Random Photo: 

                          Mrs. Green keeping me company as I write Caine's book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment