Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related:  I used the week to set up my writing wall calendar where I keep track of the number of words/pages I write per day and what I want to accomplish by the end of each month. I also set up a Kanban board for the first quarter of the year for both writing and personal goals. No actual words written but I'm diving back into Caine's story this week.

Motivational Quote: "We cannot welcome the New Year by holding on to the old. We can welcome it only when we are ready to transform ourselves." ~ Sirshree (Indian spiritual teacher)

What I'm Reading: I started reading You're the Duke That I Want by Lenora Bell yesterday. It's a historical romance and is the first book in the Thunderbolt Club series.

Random Thoughts:  I had very little holiday spirit after Thanksgiving, not wanting to do any holiday shopping, baking, and all of the other things that come with the December holidays. I finally put up our Christmas tree about a week and a half before Christmas, grumbling the entire time. I started to look forward to sitting in the living room with the tree lit up every evening. I even delayed taking it down until New Year's day. After all the decorations were put away and the living room back in order, I found that I missed having the tree with its decorations and twinkling lights in the corner of the room. I guess I had more holiday spirit than I thought. 

Random Photo:

  A poinsettia "tree" at a local plant conservatory. It was much prettier than the picture shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment