Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Male Models, Female Models, and Backgrounds, Oh My

I had originally planned on writing a post on my goals for 2020 now that I have them set and steps set up to track and achieve them. That changed when I spoke with someone about designing covers for ebooks. She is designing the cover for the first book in my upcoming series. I hope to have it ready for release in Mid-February so I've spent the last few days searching for cover art.

This is the first book I'll be self-publishing so I spent a lot of time reading various terms of use documents.  I've also learned a lot about commercial versus standard use versus editorial use only and about credit and copyright attribution requirements.

I've never really looked at images of male and female models, background images, fonts, and the like. I discovered it's easy to get lost in the rabbit hole of available images and related websites. I thought it would be a snap to find a couple that personified my characters, but not so much. Not because I couldn't find that "perfect" couple, but because I found more images than I could probably ever use. It was hard to settle on just one to send to the person designing the cover. In the end, I sent her images of two couples and asked her to use which one she found easier to work with.

I hope to share the cover with you in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment