Pages

Friday, September 27, 2019

This I know for sure...

As I mentioned in previous posts, I've been having trouble writing new scenes for the book I'm currently revising/editing for a section that I forgot I skipped over when I wrote the original draft.

In an effort to get ideas and words flowing again, I've started building puzzles on end of the dining room table we don't use for meals. Working on jigsaw puzzles keeps me busy, but allows my brain to wander.

I put on music and work on the puzzle. It's helped me come up with two new scenes and a general outline of what still needs to be written to fill the missing section. I think I might continue to work on puzzles even after I finish the revisions/edits on this manuscript. It's a good way to brainstorm when I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment