Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

October PSA

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. (I realize I'm a day early.) I wanted to take a moment and ask everyone who is 40 years old or older or has a history of breast cancer in their family to please schedule their mammogram.

Even if you don't have a history of it in your family, it's important that you get screened. One of my older sisters went for her first mammogram and it was discovered that she had breast cancer. Luckily it was stage one so she just had to have a lumpectomy and radiation treatments. Prior to my sister's diagnosis, there was no incidence of breast cancer in my family. Just because there's no current history, doesn't mean it can't happen to you.

Please take a moment and schedule your screening. It's well worth the fifteen minutes or so of discomfort once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment